Here’s your chance to release yourself from the clutches of the urban mess. Calm your distressed senses. Moreover, refresh your souls with a dose of fresh oxygen.
Let the Hill Gypsy take you on a rejuvenating camping holiday to Sangla in Kinnaur valley. It is a perfect getaway if you want to switch off from your monotonous routine. Rather, get close to nature in the wilderness by the pristine riverside.
Know Your Destination
Sangla – in the Baspa valley is one of the most charming valleys in the whole Kinnaur region of Himachal Pradesh. It is a picturesque sleepy village perched on slopes near the banks of cascading Baspa River. Needless to say, the freshest air around dotted with ancient temples, forts and Buddhist Monasteries. Moreover, it is also the Tibetan wood carving center.
Sangla is indeed a trekkers’ paradise and a perfect getaway from the uninspiring planes. It indeed offers meandering slopes, sprawling evergreen forests, mighty snow-clad mountain peaks, and apple & almond orchards.
- Camp in the tranquil villages of Sangla crossing Shimla, Rampur, Sarahan, Narkanda . Take a village tour of the region. Interact with the locals and in a guided village walk. In particular, get briefed about their culture, customs, cuisine and lifestyle.
- Enjoy a guided village walk from Sangla to Rukti village. Subsequently, visit the trout fishery farm and apple orchards.
- Visit Chitkul which is at an altitude of 3450mts–considered as the last inhabited village of India on the old Hindustan- Tibet (now China) trade route. According to a recent study, Chitkul has the cleanest air in India.
- Pay obeisance at the ancient Mathi Devi temple in Chitkul.
- Relax and walk along the mighty Baspa River.
- Catch views of the mighty hydel power projects on the way.
- Visit Surya Mandir at Nirath which is the only Sun temple in North India.
- Enjoy nature walk amidst lush apple and almond plantations.
- Visit the royal Padam Palace at Rampur to get an insight into the Bushehar princely estate.
- Visit the iconic ancient Bhimakali temple at Sarahan en-route Rampur- Sangla.
- Stay at Narkanda- Shimla’s winter sports hub and the apple heartland of the region. In addition, visit the Hatu Peak.
- Relish local pahari cuisine. Moreover, try the trout fish if you are a non-vegetarian.
- We are immense nature lovers and care for our environment. We shall take you for a small plantation drive in the area for a little contribution from your side in the light of the declining forest cover in the hills.
- Our prices are all inclusive which literally means you do not spend a single penny other than any expense that is entirely personal in nature.
- Prices per person include all private transfers, accommodation, all 3 meals of the day in addition toevening tea and snacks. This also includes all entry tickets, guided visits, mentioned adventure activities besides a few surprises and incentives for our guests.
- We only deal in 3 stars and above rated properties, luxury villas and high end apartments & home stays. Other than that,only for a few destinations which do not have such availability. They are however, comfortable, hygienic and offer a good view.
- A detailed trip itinerary with regard to accommodation, transfers, day wise activities inclusions and trip cost will be shared once you book the trip with us.
- Additions such as –
-extending the days of stay
-adding a new destination or clubbing a trip
-upgrading to an accommodation of choice- subject to availability
-changes or additions in the food menu or activities can be made to the trip other than the mentioned itinerary. It may incur an additional expenditure.
We at The Hill Gypsy will be more than happy to serve you and will sure get you addicted to the mountains, if not already.
We look forward to a long lasting alliance with you!
More Camp & Company Trips