Buddhism has its roots in the Indian soil. It charms the salvation seekers and attracts the explorers.It therefore, draws them to the treasure of its Monasteries and other related establishments.
For that matter, Tibetian Buddhism thrives in every corner of the nation. And as can be seen, Himachal having considerable Buddhist population, evokes a sense of peace and spiritual serenity. Owing to its close proximity with the Tibetian border, it has considerable presence in the hill state. The grand Buddhist Monasteries in Himachal draw travelers who seek calmness. In short, to ease their anxiety, stress and dive into the divinity for a soulful experience. All things considered, Himachal being the abode of the 14th Dalai Lama as well as the very place where Guru Padmasambhava- the second Buddha lived, becomes all the more special for its followers and travel enthusiasts.
Hence, come join us for an adventure of the different genre. In essence, we will take you on a journey to these sacred Monasteries. Overall, to give you a taste of Buddhism and its culture in our specially designed tour- The Buddhist Trails.
Know Your Destination
Rewalsar, and Bir in Mandi district of Himachal and Mcleodganj in Dharamshala have been essential Buddhist settlements in the State for many-many decades. All in all, the mighty Monasteries have showcased the ideas of Buddhist culture, art and its architecture to the world. Moreover, its basic teachings are revered by one and all.
Riwalsar- 23kms from Mandi town draws its sacred distinction for its old Buddhist Monasteries, lake and a number of Tibetian refugees who settled here from time to time. Whereas Bir is one of the prime locations for Buddhist Monasteries and meditation centers.At the same time, it being one of the most sought after paragliding locations in the country.
Mcleodganj in Dharamshala is the seat of the present Dalai Lama and in the first place, most popular with travelers.
- A comprehensive and guided tour of all the significant Monasteries and Tibetan traditions. As well as other Buddhist establishments.
- Visit the four Buddhist Monasteries at the scenic town of Riwalsar by the lake.
- Optional 40 min hike to Padmasambhava’s cave during the trip.
- Sit and relax by the lakeside.
- Visit all Monasteries at Bir.
- Visit the Deer Park Institute in Bir which is center for study of classical Indian Wisdom traditions.
- Opt for a meditation session at one of the Monasteries nearby.
- Take your lessons in environment nurturing at Dharmaya Institute.
- You may opt for a dose of adventure and try Paragliding at Bir Billing.
- Visit the Dalai Lama temple- the official residence of the 14th Dalai Lama and Tsechokling Gompa in Mcleodganj.
- Buddhist workshop session at the Norbulingka Institute.
- Interact with the Lamas alongside shopping for some local souvenirs at Bir & Mcleodganj.
- Relish local Tibetian as well as Kanrgri cuisine.
- We are immense nature lovers and care for our environment. We shall take you for a small plantation drive in the area. f This will be a little contribution from your side keeping in mind the declining forest cover in the hills.
- Our prices are all inclusive which literally means you do not spend a single penny other than any expense that is entirely personal in nature.
- Prices per person include all transfers, accommodation, all 3 meals of the day besides evening tea and snacks. This also includes all entry tickets, guided visits, mentioned adventure activities alongwith a few surprises and incentives for our guests.
- We only deal in 3 stars and above rated properties, luxury villas and high end apartments & home stays. Other than that, only for a few destinations which do not have such availability. However, they are comfortable, hygienic and offer a good view.
- A detailed trip itinerary with regard to accommodation, transfers, day wise activities, inclusions and trip cost will be shared once you book the trip with us.
- Additions such as
-extending the days of stay
– adding a new destination or clubbing a trip
-upgrading to an accommodation of choice( subject to availability)
-changes or additions in the food menu and activities can be made to the trip other than the mentioned itinerary. It may incur an additional expenditure.
We at The Hill Gypsy will be more than happy to serve you and will sure get you addicted to the mountains, if not already.
We look forward to a long lasting alliance with you!