Know Your Destination
Rudyard Kipling in one of his books has described Spiti as ‘a world within a world’. It means ‘the middle land’. For the most part, it is strategically situated between India and Tibet. Spiti remains completely isolated from the rest of the country for almost 6 months of the year.
The cold desert of the Mountains is located at an elevation of 12500 feet above the sea level. Hence it boasts of surreal moonscapes, scenic lakes and the highlands. The valley is freckled with green patches over a dry weather-beaten face. It has a windswept landscapes and few quaint villages. Spiti is bordered on all sides by the Himalayas and nourished by prayers. It is home to several ancient Buddhist Monasteries and hidden treasures.
A favorite among adventure enthusiasts and peace seekers, therefore Spiti is one of the most sought after sites for hiking and camping. So let the Hill Gypsy take you on a rejuvenating holiday where you will experience the mystic charms of the Spiti Valley. Here, we connect you with the tribes, moreover, we also endeavor to take you on a journey like no other does.
- Visit Kaza- the headquarters of Spiti Valley. It is aptly called the cold desert.
- Visit Nako Lake which is surrounded by willow and poplar trees. They form the boundary of the Nako village. The Lake seems to be buried in the lake’s borders. Sit back and admire the surroundings.
- Visit the rocky desert -Tabo in the Pin Valley.See its ancient – thousand year old Monastery as it is second in importance only to the Tholing Gompa in Tibet.
- Visit Langza and Hikkim. Hikkim is the world’s highest polling station. It also has the highest post office of the world.
- En-route Tabo, visit the Gue Monastery. It is famous for its Lama Mummy. Also visit the Dhankar Monastery.
- Visit Kaumik en-route Langza. In addition to it being the highest village connected to road in Asia, Tanggyud Monastery here, is one of the highest in the Spiti Valley
- Interact with local tribes e-route Langza, Hikkim, Kaumik, Chicham as well as the serene surroundings.
- View the Buddha statue looking at the valley near Langza .
- Enjoy great view of Chau Chau Kang Nelda peak from Langza besides treating your eyes to the valley bridge at Chicham. It is the highest bridge in Asia.
- Cross Kunzam La coupled with the stunningly beautiful Chandratal Lake at a sea level of 4270 mts. This deep blue lake is truly a sight to behold.
- Cross Rohtang Pass en-route Manali on return journey.
- Stay at Solang nalah before you take another dose of adventure. Choose from paragliding, quad biking, zorbing besides enjoying a ropeway ride.
- Visit the royal Padam Palace in Rampur on your onward journey.
- Moreover, enjoy a nature walk amidst lush apple & almond orchards in villages of the Sangla valley.
- Furthermore, visit India’s last inhabited village- Chitkul. Here, savor the calmness of the valley by the Baspa River.
- At the same time, relish local cuisine of the area.
- Above all, we are immense nature lovers and care for our environment. Different from other trips, we shall take you for a small plantation drive in the area. It would be a little contribution from your side keeping in mind the declining forest cover in the hills.
- Our prices are all inclusive which literally means you do not spend a single penny other than any expense that is entirely personal in nature.
- Prices per person include all transfers, accommodation, all 3 meals of the day in addition to evening tea and snacks. Similarly, all entry tickets, guided visits, mentioned adventure activities. Besides, we have a few surprises and incentives for our guests.
- We only deal in 3 stars and above rated properties, luxury villas and high end apartments & home stays other than only for a few destinations which do not have such availability. Moreover, we keep in mind that they are comfortable, hygienic and offer a good view.This is mainly in case of trips that involve camping & hiking.
- A detailed trip itinerary with regard to accommodation, transfers, day wise activities, inclusions and trip cost will be shared once you book the trip with us.
- Additions such as -extending the days of stay
-adding a new destination
-clubbing another trip
-upgrading to an accommodation of choice (subject to availability)
-changes or additions in the food menu or activities can be made to
the trip other than the mentioned itinerary. It may incur an
We at The Hill Gypsy will be more than happy to serve you and will sure get you addicted to the mountains, if not already.
We look forward to a long lasting alliance with you!