What can probably stimulate you with the simplicity of existence when the cities become uninspiring? How about camping in company in the picturesque Thachi valley of Kullu ?
Here’s your chance to release yourself from the clutches of the urban mess and get addicted to the mountains. To begin with, calm your distressed senses and refresh your souls with a dose of fresh oxygen. Where else, but in the quietude of a small village, nestled in harmony with nature.
Let the Hill Gypsy take you on a rejuvenating holiday to the Thachi Valley in Himachal Pradesh. A camp & company trip where we altogether endeavor to take you on a journey like no other does.
Know Your Destination
If solitude, sky-gazing, wilderness, a night out under the stars and a warm campfire is what you seek, this trip is undoubtedly ideal for you.
Thachi Valley is one of the remote and beautiful destinations of Himachal Pradesh. Located amidst thick forests of deodar, pine and tosh trees, the area displays unspoiled beauty of nature. This place is a paradise for trekkers with easy to medium treks. The stunning vistas offer views of the Parvati Valley, Tirthan Valley, Shikari Devi, Kamru Nag, Prashar forests, Dhauladhar range in addition to Bhunter airport, Beas river, Thachi village, and Hanuman Tibba.
This trek starts from village Shalwad located at an altitude of 2,550 meters. Shalwad is a happy place with a population of around 100 people. In brief, the primary source of income for the villagers here is farming, growing peas, onion, cabbage, apples and other fruits. The village is also home to a beautiful wooden Lord Ganesh Temple. Another destination here is Speini Dhar, which is a 12 km drive away from the Thachi village. Speini Dhar at 2,900 meters is a pass connecting Thachi valley and Janjheli valley.
The place will make you fall irretrievably in love with Himachal and its beauty!
- The hike up trip is specially designed to give you the chance and pleasure to camp at the most scenic places with a dose of adventure. A dedicated hike to Thachi Valley includes a village walk and a basic know how of village life in this region. Alongside interactions with the locals you will aim to understand their cultural history and lifestyle in brief. Hence walk along the dense forests and sprawling apple orchards.
- Go trekking in the Thachi Valley up to Shalwad village. Thereupon, cross Speini dhar while you explore an undiscovered gem that offers.
- Have a look at the mighty hydel power projects en-route.
- Stay at a campsite/ home stay surrounded by apple orchards and thick alpine forests. Consequently, reconnect with nature in a calm and serene environment.
- Go on short treks to nearby ancient temples set up in absolute wilderness with sprawling green meadows. To mention a few, the Pundir Rishi temple, Hadimba Devi and the Bithhu Narayan temple. It has a rare eleven headed statue of lord Vishnu.
- Relax by the Beas Riverside.
- Relish local cuisine and sip the local Madrosh herbed tea.
- We are immense nature lovers and care for our environment. We shall take you for a small plantation drive in the area. It will be a little contribution from your side in view of the declining forest cover in the hills.
- Add a day to the trip to visit the stunning villages of Jibhi, Shoja, and Khanag in the region up till Jalori Pass at an extra cost.
- Our prices are all inclusive which literally means you do not spend a single penny other than any expense that is entirely personal in nature.
- Prices per person include all transfers, accommodation, all 3 meals of the day in addition to evening tea and snacks. The price per person includes all entry tickets, guided visits, mentioned adventure activities apart from a few surprises and incentives for our guests.
- We only deal in 3 stars and above rated properties, luxury villas and high end apartments & home stays. Other than that, only for a few destinations which do not have such availability but are comfortable, hygienic and offer a good view.
- A detailed trip itinerary with regard to accommodation, transfers, day wise activities, inclusions and trip cost will be shared once you book the trip with us.
- Additions such as
-extending the days of stay
– adding a new destination
-clubbing a trip
-upgrading to an accommodation of choice
-subject to availability
-changes or additions in the food menu and activities can be made to the trip other than the mentioned itinerary, which may incur an extra expenditure.
We at The Hill Gypsy will be more than happy to serve you and will sure get you addicted to the mountains, if not already.
We look forward to a long lasting alliance with you!