Chanshal Pass is certainly one of the best offbeat locations near Shimla. In fact, the one which takes you to the high altitude and captivating Chanshal Pass.The highest point of Shimla district and to the serene Saru Lake as well. Indeed, the Pass covered with snow mostly, connects small town of Rohru to the isolated villages of Dodra-Kwar, bordering Uttrakhand. Notably,Rohru is also a leading apple belt of the region. Although Rohru is a major town, the area around Chanshal Pass and beyond is quite remote. By way of contrast, it is probably among those remaining locations where human impact and climate change is least visible. The beauty of the Chanshal trek is in the variety of flora such as it passes through in just a few kilometers with thick deodar pine forests to stunted vegetation as it approaches the pass.
Come experience the unusual & venture into the unexplored terrains in the hills like never before!
Know Your Destination
Pabbar River Camps
Imagine misty mountains wrapped with fluffy clouds and musical sound of river Pubber in Rohru which is roughly 100 kms from the state capital of Shimla. The whistling of winds, in particular, coming all the way from Chanshal, birds humming brand new tunes, surrounded by apple orchards and greens capes filling your eyes as far as you can see. This is what Pubber River Camps welcome you with.
Amidst the Chanshal Valley, Pubber River Camps is an ideal getaway to relax your tired mind. Camping here is a perfect blend of comfort and charm right in the middle of the Himalayas.
- Trek the offbeat paths on the Chanshal Pass trek which all in all, pass through thick forests in the Chanshal and Rupin valley ending in Gumma. Thus, covering a trekking distance of about 22 kms.
- Camp at the serene Saru Lake.
- Witness the amazing Himalayan flora & fauna- Deodar trees -the silent and wildest of all. Above all, an apt place for bird-watchers.
- Explore the countryside dotted with deep forest, green meadows and in particular, lush apple orchards on way to Rohru.
- Meet the locals and share a conversation over a cup of tea. In brief, get an insight into their culture & lifestyle. Taste local pahari flavors.
- Enjoy star gazing, campfire and conversations.
- Relish fresh hot meals with a different menu every day except for packed lunches while you trek.
- Maximum 2 persons in a single tent with sleeping bags and mattresses.
- A proper kitchen cum dinning tent.
- We are immense nature lovers and care for our environment. We shall take you for a small plantation drive in the area. This will be a little contribution from your side in the light of declining forest cover in the hills.
- Add a day to relax in Kufri/ Fagu near Shimla away from the city at an extra cost.
- A detailed trip itinerary with regard to accommodation, transfers, day wise activities, inclusions and trip cost will be shared once you book the trip with us.
- Our prices are all inclusive which literally means you do not spend a single penny other than any expense that is entirely personal in nature.
- Prices per person include all transfers, accommodation, all 3 meals of the day including evening tea and snacks, all entry tickets, guided visits, mentioned adventure activities besides a few surprises and incentives for our guests.
- We only deal in 3 stars and above rated properties, luxury villas and high end apartments & home stays. Other than that, only for a few destinations which do not have such availability, although are comfortable, hygienic and offer a good view.
- Additions such as
-extending the days of stay
-adding a new destination
-clubbing a trip
-upgrading to an accommodation of choice (subject to availability)
-changes or additions in the food menu or activities can be made to the trip other than the mentioned itinerary, which may incur an extra expenditure.
We at The Hill Gypsy will be more than happy to serve you and will sure get you addicted to the mountains, if not already.
We look forward to a long lasting alliance with you!
More Camp & Company Trips