What can probably stimulate you with the simplicity of existence when the cities become uninspiring? How about a village Detox?
Here’s your chance to release yourself from the clutches of the urban mess. Calm your distressed senses and refresh your souls with a dose of fresh oxygen in the vicinity of a Himalayan village. Inhale the essence of pahari hospitality in the most authentic way.
Let the Hill Gypsy take you on a rejuvenating holiday to the Barot Valley in Himachal Pradesh for a village Detox trip. Here,we endeavor to take you on a journey like no other does.
Know Your Destination
Barot is a small stunningly picturesque village; a part of the cascading Ulh River situated in the Mandi district of Himachal. Indeed, away from the highway, it exudes peace in true sense of the word. Termed as a trekker’s paradise, Barot Valley was initially developed for a hydel power project in 1920s. The relics of the British regime are still part of the region. Pre Independence, Barot was on the mule trail connecting Kullu Valley to Kangra Valley. The town has a range of outdoor activities, including a trout breeding centre, angling as well as trekking.
Bir, on the other hand is located at a distance of 53 kms from Barot in the Joginder Nagar Valley. It is a hub for ecotourism, spiritual studies apart from Buddhist Monasteries and meditation. It is in fact, a very famous destination for paragliding. Up on the hill from Bir, Billing is Asia’s first and the second highest Paragliding sites in the world. World Paragliding championships are often held here.
- The Village Detox trip is specially designed to give you the chance and pleasure to get one with the locals around. A dedicated Village Tour includes a village walk.This is for a basic know how of village life in this region. And to add to that some interactions with the locals in order to understand their cultural history and lifestyle in brief.
- Visit the beautiful pre independence built Shanan Hydel Power Project site and reservoir in addition to relics of the narrow gauge track built by the British and the lakeside. See the potato and cauliflower fields & the sprawling orchards.
- Enjoy day picnic by the riverside.
- Try Angling & fishing near the Ulh River.
- Take a scenic trek to Rajagundha.
- Take a dose of adventure and try Paragliding/ Handgliding at Bir Billing.
- Visit the Buddhist Colony and Monasteries, and meditation centers at Bir.
- Take your lessons in environment nurturing at Dharmaya Institute.
- Enjoy a short train ride on the heritage narrow gauge track.
- Stop for some local souvenir shopping at Bir Bazar.
- Relish local pahari cuisine.
- We are immense nature lovers and care for our environment. We shall take you for a small plantation drive in the area for a little contribution from your side in light of the declining forest cover in the hills.
- Our prices are all inclusive which literally means you do not spend a single penny other than any expense that is entirely personal in nature.
- Prices per person include all transfers in private vehicles, accommodation, all 3 meals of the day in addition to evening tea and snacks. This also includes all entry tickets, guided visits and mentioned adventure activities besides a few surprises and incentives for our guests.
- We only deal in 3 stars and above rated properties, luxury villas and high end apartments & home stays. Other than that, only for a few destinations which do not have such availability. They are however, comfortable, hygienic and offer a good view./li>
- A detailed trip itinerary with regard to accommodation, transfers, day wise activities, inclusions and trip cost will be shared once you book the trip with us.
- Additions such as
-extending the days of stay
– adding a new destination or clubbing a trip
– upgrading to an accommodation of choice- subject to availability
-changes or additions in the food menu or activities can be made to the trip other than the mentioned itinerary, which may incur an additional expenditure.
We at The Hill Gypsy will be more than happy to serve you and will sure get you addicted to the mountains, if not already.
We look forward to a long lasting alliance with you!