Chitkul is a tiny village by the Baspa River in Kinnaur district of Himachal Pradesh. Dominated by and large, by Buddhist and Hindu beliefs, it holds the distinction of being the last inhabited village within the Indian boundaries on the old Indo- Tibetan road. Therefore, it is a getaway to the most picturesque landscapes and breathtaking snow clad views of the valley. Needless to say, far from the maddening crowd of the uninspiring plains, Chitkul at an altitude of 3450 mts above sea level is the perfect destination to unwind. The small yet scenic village also makes for a romantic getaway. It is indeed a haven for the adventure enthusiasts and a perfect camping site.
Come join us for a trip Beyond The Last Village of India and experience the serenity of Chitkul. Here’s your chance to reconnect to yourself in this specially curated trip while we give you comfortable stop over on the forward and return journeys.
- Stay in the tranquil village of Chitkul traveling via Shimla, Rampur and Sangla with a halt at Rampur.
- Interact with the locals and in a guided village walk. Catch views of the mighty hydel power projects on the way.
- Enjoy adventure camping by the riverside in Chitkul.
- Pay obeisance at the ancient Mathi Devi temple.
- Opt for an easy short trek in the village.
- Visit Kamru fort in Kamru village-
- Stay at Kalpa- district headquarters of the Kinnaur region.
- Visit Kinner Kailash viewpoint in addition to Buddhist Monastery. To add tot hat,we will take you to the scenic Roghi village via the picturesque suicide point.
- Enjoy nature walk amidst lush apple & almond plantations.
- Visit the royal Padam Palace at Rampur and get an insight into the Bushehar princely estate.
- Visit the iconic, ancient Bhimakali temple at Sarahan en-route Rampur- Sangla.
- Stay at Narkanda- Shimla’s winter sports hub and the apple heartland of the region along with a visit to the Hatu Peak.
- Relish local pahari cuisine.
- We are immense nature lovers and care for our environment. We shall take you for a small plantation drive in the area for a little contribution from your side in light of the declining forest cover in the hills.
- Our prices are all inclusive which literally means you do not spend a single penny other than any expense that is entirely personal in nature.
- Prices per person include all transfers, accommodation, all 3 meals of the day in addition to evening tea and snacks. This also includes all entry tickets, guided visits and mentioned adventure activities besides a few surprises and incentives for our guests.
- We only deal in 3 stars and above rated properties, luxury villas and high end apartments & home stays. Other than that, only for a few destinations which do not have such availability. They are however, comfortable, hygienic and offer a good view.
- A detailed trip itinerary with regard to accommodation, transfers, day wise activities inclusions and trip cost will be shared once you book the trip with us.
- Additions such as
-extending the days of stay
– adding a new destination or clubbing a trip
-upgrading to an accommodation of choice- subject to availability/ changes or additions in the food menu or activities can be made to the trip other than the mentioned itinerary, which may incur an additional expenditure.
We at The Hill Gypsy will be more than happy to serve you and will sure get you addicted to the mountains, if not already.
We look forward to a long lasting alliance with you!