What can probably stimulate you with the simplicity of existence when the cities become uninspiring? How about a village Detox?
Here’s your chance to release yourself from the clutches of the urban mess and get addicted to the mountains. Calm your distressed senses and refresh your souls with a dose of fresh oxygen in the vicinity of an old Himalayan village. Inhale the essence of pahari hospitality in the most authentic way.
Let the Hill Gypsy take you on a rejuvenating holiday to the distant mountains of Chamba Valley in Himachal Pradesh for a village Detox trip. Here, we endeavor to take you on a journey like no other does.
Know Your Destination
Chamba is an old Himalayan town with picturesque Pir Panjal, Zanskar and Dhauladhar ranges in the backdrop along the banks of the Ravi River. It is popular for its temple architecture and traditional handicrafts, in addition to miniature pahari paintings.It is also the base camp for several treks in the great Himalayan ranges, of which Manimahesh trek is the most famous. The tranquil environs of this small place beckon the travelers looking for an offbeat location among the much popular Himachali towns.
- The Village Detox trip is specially designed to give you the chance and pleasure to get one with the locals around. A dedicated Village Tour includes a village walk along with a basic know how of village life in this region.This also includes interactions with the locals to understand their cultural history and lifestyle in brief. Not only that but also getting involved in activities that are centered around a short time stint with farming, beekeeping, watermills and likewise.
- Experience some water fun around the Chamera power project. Enjoy a speed boat ride in the Chamera reservoir built on River Ravi.
- Interact with the locals in the Saho village near Chamba. Enjoy a nature walk in the midst of lush plum plantations.For that matter, interact with the local tribal Gaddi community.
- Visit the famous Laxmi Narayan temple apart from the culturally enriched Bhuri Singh Museum in the Chamba town.
- Enjoy a day at Dalhousie and Khajjiar.
- A dash of adventure in the hills before you leave refreshed and rejuvenated.
- We are immense nature lovers and care for our environment. We shall take you for a small plantation drive in the area for a little contribution from your side in the light of the declining forest cover in the hills.
- Our prices are all inclusive which literally means you do not spend a single penny other than any expense that is entirely personal in nature.
- Prices per person include all transfers, accommodation, all 3 meals of the day in addition to evening tea and snacks. This also includes all entry tickets, guided visits and mentioned adventure activities, besides a few surprises and incentives for our guests.
- We only deal in 3 stars and above rated properties, luxury villas and high end apartments & home stays. Other than that, only for a few destinations which do not have such availability. They are however, comfortable, hygienic and offer a good view.
- A detailed trip itinerary with regard to accommodation, transfers, day wise activities and inclusions will be shared once you book the trip with us.
- Additions such as
-extending the days of stay
– adding a new destination or clubbing a trip
– upgrading to an accommodation of choice- subject to availability
– changes or additions in the food menu/ activities can be made to the trip other than the mentioned itinerary. It may incur an additional expenditure.
We at The Hill Gypsy will be more than happy to serve you and will sure get you addicted to the mountains, if not already.
We look forward to a long lasting alliance with you!