Ideal for adventure enthusiasts of a moderate to tough level
Know Your Destination
Buran Pass Trek
How about a trek to the less traveled mountains for that fresh crisp air to detox your weary souls? Join us for an offbeat trekking destination in Himachal with the most experienced ones in the adventure field.
Buran Valley is definitely an unusual trekking trail with a fairy tale feel to it.
Buran Pass at 4724m -(15500ft) served as a pastoral way between Pabbar Valley of Shimla district to Sangla Valley of Kinnaur district. Trek involves the crossing of Buran Ghati (15500 ft climb) which is a blend of lush green deodar, pine forests.Not only that, but it offers spectacular views of snow-clad peaks, watersheds, brooks, waterfalls, sprawling green meadows besides quaint villages with sparse population, and lakes. The treks that starts from Janglik near Chirgaon in Shimla, crosses Bhuran Ghatti and ends at Barua village and ranges between easy to challenging levels.
- To begin with, trek to the mighty Buran Valley. Ascend from 9000ft to an altitude of over 15000 feet above the sea level crossing Shimla, Khadapathar and Rohru along the Pubber River subsequently crossing Janglik, Darya, Litham, Chandranahan Lake, Munirang, Buran Ghati up to the Barua village- treading on easy to difficult trails.
- The off- beat and less explored trek offers magnificent views of the Dhauladhar peaks, Rupin valley and Buran valley. You pass through mixed oak, pine and silver birch forests, extensive meadows gushing streams. Not to mention the waterfalls, sleepy villages, wooden farm houses, shepherd trails and even snow.
- Enjoy the views of the snout of the Chandranahan waterfall, beyond which is Chandranahan Lake.
- Sit back and cherish the calmness around the Lake.
- Spend time exploring the valley which is indeed a photographer’s delight and absorb the panoramic view of the hills by the water streams.
- Enjoy the chirping of birds’ en-route the trek.
- Camp at a high summit and nonetheless, enjoy star gazing with campfire over conversations (subject to clear sky). Meet the locals and share a conversation over a cup of tea. Get an insight into their culture & lifestyle. Taste local pahari flavors.
- Relish fresh hot meals with a different menu every day except for packed lunches.
- Maximum 2 persons in a single tent with sleeping bags and mattresses.
- A proper kitchen cum dinning tent.
- We are immense nature lovers and care for our environment. We shall take you for a small plantation drive in the area for a little contribution from your side in light of the declining forest cover in the hills.
- Trekking Season- June-September
- Altitude- 15500 feet above sea level
- Temperature – 13- 18 degrees day/ 0-7 degrees night
- Trekking Route- Shimla-Janglikh-Darya Thach-Litham Thach-Chandranahan
- Lake-Nalabansh-Munirang-Buran ghati-Barua
- Trekking distance- kms approx
- Difficulty Level- moderate to tough
- Beginning Point- Janghlik
- Ending Point-Barua village
- Camping Base -Janghlik
- Nearest Railway Station- Kalka/ Shimla
- Inter State Bus Station- Kalka /Shimla/ Rohru
- Nearest Airports- Chandigarh and Shimla
- Our prices are all inclusive which literally means you do not spend a single penny other than any expense that is entirely personal in nature.
- A detailed trip itinerary with regard to accommodation, transfers, day wise activities, inclusions and trip cost will be shared once you book the trip with us.
- Prices per person include all local transfers, accommodation, all 3 meals of the day in addition to evening tea and snacks, guided visits and mentioned adventure activities. This also covers the trekking leader and trek team charges, porter expense, travel to and from the base camp, trekking permits, trekking equipment apart from basic medical aid during the trek. We also have a few surprises and incentives for our guests.
- We only deal in 3 stars and above rated properties, luxury villas and high end apartments & home stays. Other than that, only for a few destinations which do not have such availability. They are however, comfortable, hygienic and offer a good view.
- Additions such as
-extending the days of stay
-adding a new destination or clubbing another trip
-upgrading to an accommodation of choice- subject to availability
-changes or additions in the food menu or activities can be made to the trip other than the mentioned itinerary, which may incur an additional expenditure.
We at The Hill Gypsy will be more than happy to serve you and will sure get you addicted to the mountains, if not already.
We look forward to a long lasting alliance with you!