Ideal trek for family, couples and solo travelers of an easy to moderate level
Trekking season- March to mid July- September to November
Know Your Destination
Phuladhar meaning mountain of blossoms is a trekking trail in the Joginder Nagar valley of Mandi district and in fact, one of those off beat treks at 8500 feet above the sea level that gives you the glimpse of two valleys at the same time- Joginder Nagar & Barot valley. The valley has a spread of thick deodar jungles and Rhododendrons all around. The region also goes by the name 360- named by the paragliding community in recent years, for obvious reasons. For most part of the trek, there are no roads, no shops and no electricity around, just the pristine Mountains.
A moderate trek, it begins from Jhatingri near Joginder Nagar which used to be the summer capital of Mandi state and had two palaces Raja & Rani palace, which though, are in shambles these days.
- Trek to the Phuladhar en-route Dev Dhar with scattered homes, potato farms, seasonal crops and lush green meadows apart from majestic views of the valley.
- Traverse through thick deodar and Rhododendron trails in the forests
- Catch a 360 degree view of the twin valleys of Joginder nagar and Barot from the hill top.
- Enjoy blissful morning at the Winch campsite and absorb the majestic views of the Dhauladhar range in the background.
- Visit the Winch camp trolley station built during the British regime.
- Treat your eyes to the view of the Beas River flowing in Mandi. On a clear day you can also see the Pir Panjal ranges.
- Explore the flora and fauna of the region.
- Take another dose of adventure and fly like a free bird. Try paragliding at Billing- Asia’s first and the second highest Paragliding sites in the world. World Paragliding championships having been held here.
- Meet the locals and get an insight into their culture & lifestyle.
- Moreover, enjoy camping and star gazing and bonfire.
- Relish fresh hot meals with a different menu every day except for packed lunches.
- Maximum 2 persons in a single tent with sleeping bags and mattresses.
- A proper kitchen cum dinning tent.
- We are immense nature lovers and care for our environment. We shall take you for a small plantation drive in the area for a little contribution from your side keeping in mind the declining forest cover in the hills.
- Altitude-8000 feet above sea level
- Temperature –8 to 30 degrees
- Trekking Route- Jhatingri- Phulladhar- Winch camp- Billing- Bir
- Trekking distance- 21 kms approx
- Difficulty Level- Moderate
- Beginning Point- Jhatingri
- Ending Point-Bir
- Our prices are all inclusive which literally means you do not spend a single penny other than any expense that is entirely personal in nature.
- A detailed trip itinerary with regard to accommodation, transfers, day wise activities, inclusions and trip cost will be shared once you book the trip with us.
- Prices per person include local transfers, accommodation, all 3 meals of the day in addition to evening tea and snacks, other than guided visits and mentioned adventure activities. This also covers cost of the trekking leader and trek team charges, porter expense, travel to and from the base camp apart from trekking permits, trekking equipment and basic medical aid during the trek. We also have a few surprises and incentives for our guests.
- We only deal in 3 stars and above rated properties, luxury villas and high end apartments & home stays. Other than that, only for a few destinations which do not have such availability. They are however, comfortable hygienic and offer a good view.
- Additions such as
-extending the days of stay
-adding a new destination or clubbing another trip
-upgrading to an accommodation of choice- subject to availability
-changes or additions in the food menu or activities can be made to the trip other than the mentioned itinerary. It may however, incur an additional expenditure.
We at The Hill Gypsy will be more than happy to serve you and will sure get you addicted to the mountains, if not already.
We look forward to a long lasting alliance with you!