Ideal trek for couples, groups and solo travelers of an easy to moderate level
Trekking Season- March to June/ September to November
Know Your Destination
Giri Ganga Trek
How about a trek to the less traveled mountains for that fresh crisp air to detox your weary souls? Join us for an offbeat trekking experience in Himachal and that too, with the most experienced ones in the adventure field.
The Giri Ganga trek – 2500m is a 7 km easy to moderate trek in the Pabbar valley that lies in Himachal’s southeast corner. In fact, it is one of the most serene and perfect hideouts for those who wish to ditch the mundane.
The interesting legend tale says that an ancient sage wanted to create a place in Himachal, having the same energy and power as Kashi. For that purpose, the Nirmand village of Shimla district was chosen by him. Therefore, he and the accompanying sadhus brought the sacred Gangajal in their kamandals (vessels) from Haridwar. They followed the ancient path that went through the dense forests of the Nagan valley in Shimla. They stopped to rest at the Kuppar Bagyal meadow at the top of a peak. During this time, the Ganga Jal that they were carrying accidentally spilled on the ground. A stream of water was formed at that spot and it was hence named the Giri Ganga River. The place was named after this stream.
Kharapathar- Trekking base
The base village of Kharapathar at an altitude of 8770 feet lies approximately 77 km from the state capital of Shimla. The staggering height of the village sets the view apart from others. It also offers breathtaking view of the millions of stars at night which in itself is a rare sight as compared to the chaotic cities. This is also a well known part of the apple belt of Himachal dotting the hills with red & green. Camping and fishing are also undertaken here.
- Trek through the thick deodar forests during the Giri Ganga trek passing through Kharapathar near Shimla.
- Witness the rare Himalayan flora & fauna. Explore the countryside dotted with lush apple orchards.
- Savor majestic views of the Kuppar valley and visit the ancient temple said to be built by the Pandvas in the 13th century.
- Enjoy the chirping of birds’ en-route the trek.
- Relax and absorb the panoramic view of the hills by the Giri Ganga water stream.
- Camp at a high summit near Giriganga River and enjoy star gazing with campfire over conversations (subject to clear sky). Marvel at the sight of the water stream. Sit back and cherish the calmness around.
- Meet the locals and share a conversation over a cup of tea to get an insight into their culture & lifestyle. Taste local flavors.
- Relish fresh hot meals with a different menu every day except for packed lunches.
- Maximum 2 persons in a single tent with sleeping bags and mattresses.
- A proper kitchen cum dinning tent.
- We are immense nature lovers and care for our environment. We shall take you for a small plantation drive in the area for a little contribution from your side in light of the declining forest cover in the hills.
- Altitude- 2500 m above sea level
- Temperature –10 – 20 degree day/ below 10 degree night
- Trekking Route- Banari-Badher-Kanda-Teer-Kupper-Giri Ganga
- Trekking distance- 22 kms approx
- Difficulty Level- easy to moderate
- Beginning Point- Shimla
- Ending Point- Shimla
- Camping Base- Banari
- Nearest Railway Station- Shimla
- Inter State Bus Station- Tutikandi Shimla
- Nearest Airports-Shimla & Chandigarh
- Our prices are all inclusive which literally means you do not spend a single penny other than any expense that is entirely personal in nature.
- A detailed trip itinerary with regard to accommodation, transfers, day wise activities, inclusions and trip cost will be shared once you book the trip with us.
- Prices per person include all transfers, accommodation, all 3 meals of the day in addition to evening tea and snacks, guided visits and mentioned adventure activities. This also covers the trekking leader and trek team charges, porter expense, travel to and from the base camp, trekking permits apart from trekking equipment and basic medical aid during the trek. We also have a few surprises and incentives for our guests.
- We only deal in 3 stars and above rated properties, luxury villas and high end apartments & home stays. Other than that, only for a few destinations which do not have such availability. They are however, comfortable, hygienic and come with a good view.
- Additions such as
-extending the days of stay
-adding a new destination or clubbing another trip
-upgrading to an accommodation of choice- subject to availability
-changes or additions in the food menu or activities can be made to the trip other than the mentioned itinerary, which may incur an additional expenditure.
We at The Hill Gypsy will be more than happy to serve you and will sure get you addicted to the mountains, if not already.
We look forward to a long lasting alliance with you!