Ideal trek for couples, groups and solo travelers of an easy to moderate level
Trekking Season- March to November
Know Your Destination
Waichin Valley Trek -9200 ft
How about a trek to the less travelled mountains for that fresh crisp air to detox your weary souls? Join us with the most experienced ones in the adventure field in Himachal
Waichin located near the Malana village is an unexplored valley and one of the less traveled trails in Kullu district of Himachal Pradesh. This tranquil, magical valley is a secret location known to few. It is dotted not only with several waterfalls, thick deodar forests, but also lush orchards. And with the Malana stream flowing along the trekking trail, the music of gushing water is sure to rejuvenate you. Starting from Malana dam, Waichin valley trek is a shorter one but extremely rewarding. With different seasons, it has different charms. Needless to say, during spring and summers there are lush green meadows and blooming rhododendrons add to the beauty of the valley. As for the winters, you witness meadows covered in a thick blanket of snow.
- Take a short trek to the unexplored Waichin valley- a secret location known to few. It is located higher up near the village of Malana. Here, cross through Kasol on way to cascading waterfalls, dense deodar forests and trek along the Malana stream.
- Witness the surrounding peaks including Animal Pass, Tiger Mouth Peak and Kiksa Taj Glacier.
- Have a slice of village life in this part of the Himalayas. Take a village tour walking past the lush fields and wooden houses. To add to that, meet the locals and get an insight into their culture & lifestyle.
- Apart from that, taste the delicious Trout fish for lunch in the camp.
- Sit back and relax near the Parvati River (waters of the reservoir) at a safe distance.
- Visit Moon Dance café and go for local shopping on the streets of Kasol
- Enjoy a humble evening tea by the river or else in a local cafe.
- Relax by the riverside in Kasol and pay obeisance at the Gurudwara Sahib at Manikaran on your return journey.
- Listen to the sound of silence and connect with yourself in absolute peace.
- Similarly, enjoy camping and star gazing and bonfire.
- Relish fresh hot meals with a different menu every day except for packed lunches.
- Maximum 2- 3 persons in a single tent with sleeping bags and mattresses.
- Trekking season- March to December
- Altitude- 9200 feet above sea level
- Temperature –8 to 30 degrees
- Trekking Route- Bhunter-Waichin-Kasol
- Difficulty Level- easy
- Beginning Point- Malana dam
- Ending Point-Kasol
- Our prices are all inclusive which literally means you do not spend a single penny apart from any expense that is entirely personal in nature.
- Prices per person include all local transfers, accommodation, all 3 meals of the day in addition to evening tea and snacks. This also covers guided visits, mentioned adventure activities, apart from trekking leader and trek team charges. This refers to porter expense, travel to and from the base camp, trekking permits, trekking equipment and basic medical aid during the trek, besides a few surprises and incentives for our guests.
- A detailed trip itinerary with regard to accommodation, transfers, day wise activities, inclusions and trip cost will be shared once you book the trip with us.
- We only deal in 3 stars and above rated properties, luxury villas and high end apartments & home stays other than only for a few destinations which do not have such availability but are comfortable, hygienic & come with a good view and trips that involve camping & hiking.
- Additions such as
-extending the days of stay
– adding a new destination or clubbing another trip
– upgrading to an accommodation of choice- subject to availability
-changes or additions in the food menu/ activities can be made to the trip other than the mentioned itinerary. It may incur an additional expenditure.
We at The Hill Gypsy will be more than happy to serve you and will sure get you addicted to the mountains, if not already.
We look forward to a long lasting alliance with you!