Ideal for adventure enthusiasts of a moderate to tough level
Trekking season- March to mid July- September to November
Know Your Destination
Pin Bhabha Trek
How about a trek to the less traveled mountains for that fresh crisp air to detox your weary souls. Travel to Himachal for an offbeat trekking destination with the most experienced ones in the adventure field.
Pin-Bhabha pass at 17450 ft above sea level is one of the most interesting treks in Spiti- Kinnaur region. Starting from the thick forest and meadows in Kinnaur, it ends in the barren landscape and stark desolateness of Spiti valley crossing the high passes of Bhaba and Pin. In fact, the people of Pin Valley and Kinnaur have been using this route for centuries for trade. Indeed, this trek is very popular with shepherds in the region. The trek begins at Kafnoo in Kinnaur and crosses over the Pin Bhaba pass at 4865 meters, and ends at Mudh in Spiti.
- To begin with, trek to the high altitude Pin Bhabha Pass (17450 ft above sea level) which starts from Kafnu in the Kinnaur district to Mulling, Kara, Bhabha, Mudh, Kaza- thereby, ending in Manali. In particular, it passes through spectacular sights of the vibrant peaks lying on the border of Kinnaur and Spiti valleys.
- Treat your eyes to the sprawling apple orchards, lush green meadows, river crossings, wooden bridges, steep paths besides, snow covered trails, and unending views of mountain passes including the Pin Parvati Pass.
- Reach the scenic Chandratal Lake and cross Kunzum La Pass.
- Camp at a high summit and enjoy star gazing with campfire over conversations (subject to clear sky). Moreover, meet the locals specifically, the Gaddi community. Share a conversation over a cup of tea to get an insight into their culture & lifestyle. Taste local pahari flavors.
- Relish fresh hot meals with a different menu every day except for packed lunches.
- Maximum 2 persons in a single tent with sleeping bags and mattresses.
- A proper kitchen cum dinning tent.
- We are immense nature lovers and care for our environment. We shall take you for a small plantation drive in the area for a little contribution from your side in light of the declining forest cover in the hills.
- Trekking Season- June to September
- Maximum Altitude- 17450 feet above sea level
- Temperature – Day:13 to 18 degrees/ Night : 0 to 7 degrees
- Trekking Route- Shimla-Kafnu-Mulling-Kara-Bhabha-Phuldhar-Mudh-Kaza-Manali
- Trekking distance- kms approx
- Difficulty Level- moderate to tough
- Beginning Point- Kafnoo
- Ending Point-Mudh-Kaza
- Camping Base -Kafnoo
- Railway Station- Shimla/ Chandigarh
- Inter State Bus Station- Shimla/Manali/ Kullu
- Nearest Airports- Chandigarh /Shimla/Kullu
- Our prices are all inclusive which literally means you do not spend a single penny other than any expense that is entirely personal in nature.
- A detailed trip itinerary with regard to accommodation, transfers, day wise activities, inclusions and trip cost will be shared once you book the trip with us.
- Prices per person include all local transfers, accommodation, all 3 meals of the day in addition to evening tea and snacks, guided visits and mentioned adventure activities. This also covers the trekking leader expenses and trek team charges apart from porter expense, travel to and from the base camp, trekking permits, trekking equipment and basic medical aid during the trek. We also have a few surprises and incentives for our guests.
- We only deal in 3 stars and above rated properties, luxury villas and high end apartments & home stays. Other than that, only for a few destinations which do not have such availability. They are however, comfortable, hygienic and offer a good view.
- Additions such as
-extending the days of stay
-adding a new destination or clubbing another trip
-upgrading to an accommodation of choice subject to availability
-changes or additions in the food menu or activities can be made to the trip other than the mentioned itinerary. It may incur an additional expenditure.
We at The Hill Gypsy will be more than happy to serve you and will sure get you addicted to the mountains, if not already.
We look forward to a long lasting alliance with you!