Know Your Destination
Himachal has been home to many princely states, remains of which now are open to the general public. Besides royalties in Punjab who have estates in the hill state, there are many architecturally significant royal establishments. These are a delight for the inquisitive traveler.
Be it the Bushahr princely state in Rampur or the Jubbal Palace; Deori Palace in Khaneti, the Kotkhai Fort as well as the Sainj Darbar in Theog, all in the upper Shimla districts. In contrast, the Junga Palace or for that matter, the intricately carved – Rupi Palace and Naggar castle in Kullu built in the traditional Kath-Kuni style. Likewise, the Akhand Chandi Palace Chamba and equally interesting Bharmaur Kothi. To add to that, the ruins of the Kangra fort, Sujanpur fort and Amtar Palace in Hamirpur district. The Kutlehar Palace , Nalagarh fort and the famous Chail Palace– the state has a considerable royal presence. Even the forts & palaces with distinct Buddhist influence in the Kinnaur and Lahaul- Spiti hold much historical significance.
Let The Hill Gypsy take you on a Royalty in the Hills trip. It gives the enthusiastic traveler in you an insight into the world of royalty that exists in Himachal.
- In the first place,take a guided tour of the princely estates of Himachal in the Kangra Valley.
- Take a guided tour of the 3500 yrs old Kangra fort. It was built by the Katoch dynasty rulers of the Kangra state. Different from others, it is the largest fort in the Himalayas in the scenic Kangra town. It overlooks the scow clad Dhauladhar Mountain ranges.
- Explore the ruins of Nurpur fort en-route Dharamshala.
- Stopover at the Shahpur fort and the ancient Masroor rock cut temples.
- With heritage in mind, visit Pragpur and Garli- India’s first Heritage village and explore its mix of Portugese, Victorian and Pahari architecture
- Stay at the prominent Judge’s court- part of the village heritage.
- Drive towards Pong dam site. Here, indulge in bird watching and a scenic speed boat ride.
- Relish local pahari cuisine.
- We are immense nature lovers and care for our environment. We shall take you for a small plantation drive in the area. This will be a little contribution from your side in light of the declining forest cover in the hills.
- Our prices are all inclusive which literally means you do not spend a single penny other than any expense that is entirely personal in nature.
- Prices per person include all transfers, accommodation, all 3 meals of the day besides evening tea and snacks. This also includes all entry tickets, guided visits, mentioned adventure activities apart from a few surprises and incentives for our guests.
- We only deal in 3 stars and above rated properties, luxury villas and high end apartments & home stays. Other than that, only for a few destinations which do not have such availability. Although, they are comfortable, hygienic as well as offer a good view.
- A detailed trip itinerary with regard to accommodation, transfers, day wise activities, inclusions and trip cost will be shared once you book the trip with us.
- Additions such as
-extending the days of stay
– adding a new destination
-clubbing another trip
-upgrading to an accommodation of choice( subject to availability)
– changes or additions in the food menu or activities can be made to the trip other than the mentioned itinerary, which may incur an additional expenditure.
The Hill Gypsy will be more than happy to serve you. We will sure get you addicted to the mountains, if not already.
We look forward to a long lasting alliance with you!