Know Your Destination
Chanshal Pass -14830 ft
How about exploring the less traveled mountains for that fresh crisp air? In the first place, let’s detox your weary souls in Himachal. Hence, join the most experienced ones in the adventure field.
Chanshal Pass is certainly one of the best offbeat camping locations adjacent to the Queen of Hills. Chanshal takes you to the high altitude and captivating Chanshal Pass alongside the serene Saru Lake. It is by and large the highest point of Shimla district. The Pass that is mostly snow covered, connects small town of Rohru to the isolated villages of Dodra-Kwar, bordering Uttrakhand. Rohru is among the leading apple belt of the region,
Even though Rohru is a major town, the area around Chanshal Pass and beyond is quite remote. It is probably among those remaining locations where human impact and climate change is least visible. The beauty of the Chanshal trek lies in the variety of flora that it passes through in just a few kilometers. To begin with the thick deodar pine forests appear in the foreground. It then goes beyond the forests to stunted vegetation as it approaches the pass.
Invoke the nature lover in you and join The Hill Gypsy for an unforgettable journey. Take a trip to an off -beat trekking location in the hills.
- Trek the offbeat paths on the Chanshal Pass trek. You will pass through thick forests in the Chanshal and Rupin valley. Thereupon to the remote twin villages of Dodra Kwar consequently, covering a trekking distance of about 22 kms.
- Camp at the serene Chanshal Pass and thereafter, an easy short hike to the Chanshal top.
- Visit the remote villages of Dodra Kwar separated by river Rupin in the scenic Rupin valley. For this reason, it had no mettaled roads until recently. The villages are dotted with countless wildflowers, medicinal herbs, waterfalls, streams and thick woods of cedar, birch, and rhododendrons.
- Witness the amazing Himalayan flora & fauna. For the most part, this is an apt place for bird-watchers.
- All in all, explore the countryside dotted with deep forest, green meadows and lush apple orchard on way to Rohru.
- Meet the locals and share a conversation over a cup of tea to get an insight into their culture & lifestyle. Taste local flavors.
- Enjoy star gazing, campfire and conversations.
- Relish fresh hot meals with a different menu every day except for packed lunches.
- Overall a maximum 2 persons in a single tent with sleeping bags and mattresses.
- A proper kitchen cum dinning tent.
- We are immense nature lovers and care for our environment. We shall take you for a small plantation drive in the area. It will be a little contribution from your side in view of the declining forest cover in the hills.
- Add a day to relax in Kufri/ Fagu near Shimla away from the city at an extra cost.
- Take an optional hike up to Saru Lake next to the Pass at an extra cost.
- Our prices are all inclusive which literally means you do not spend a single penny other than any expense that is entirely personal in nature.
- A detailed trip itinerary with regard to accommodation, transfers, day wise activities, inclusions and trip cost will be shared once you book the trip with us.
- Prices per person include all transfers, accommodation, all 3 meals of the day in addition to evening tea and snacks, all entry tickets, guided visits, mentioned adventure activities besides a few surprises and incentives for our guests.
- We only deal in 3 stars and above rated properties, luxury villas and high end apartments & home stays other than only for a few destinations which do not have such availability but are comfortable, hygienic & come with a good view and trips that involve camping & hiking.
- Additions such as (extending the days of stay/ adding a new destination or clubbing another trip/ upgrading to an accommodation of choice- subject to availability/ changes or additions in the food menu/ activities can be made to the trip other than the mentioned itinerary, which may incur an additional expenditure.
We at The Hill Gypsy will be more than happy to serve you and will sure get you addicted to the mountains, if not already.
We look forward to a long lasting alliance with you!