Know Your Destination
Himachal has been home to many princely states, remains of which now are open to the general public. Besides royalties in Punjab who have estates in the hill state, there are many architecturally significant royal establishments. These are a delight for the inquisitive traveler.
Be it the Bushahr princely state in Rampur or the Jubbal Palace; Deori Palace in Khaneti, the Kotkhai Fort as well as the Sainj Darbar in Theog all in the upper Shimla districts. In contrast, the Junga Palace or for that matter the intricately carved – Rupi Palace and Naggar castle in Kullu built in the traditional Kath-Kuni style. Likewise, the Akhand Chandi Palace Chamba and equally interesting Bharmaur Kothi. To add to that, the ruins of the Kangra fort, Sujanpur fort and Amtar Palace in Hamirpur district. The Kutlehar Palace , Nalagarh fort and the famous Chail Palace– the state has a considerable royal presence. Even the forts & palaces with distinct Buddhist influence in the Kinnaur and Lahaul- Spiti hold much historical significance.
Let The Hill Gypsy take you on –A Taste of Royalty in the Hills trip. In the first place, we aim to give the enthusiastic traveler in you- an insight into the world of royalty that exists in Himachal.
- Take a guided tour of the princely estates of Himachal in the Shimla district.
- Visit Woodville Palace in Shimla which is the property of Raja Jubbal.
- Possible interaction with the members of royalty subject to availability.
- Optional visit to the Mall road & the breathtakingly spectacular piece of Victorian architecture -the Indian Institute of Advanced Studies.
- Visit the iconic Chail Palace- the previous estates of the Raja of Patiala (now converted into a hotel). Have a glimpse of the Keonthal estate.
- Not only that but also visit the Sainj Darbar at Theog at close proximity from Shimla.
- In addition to that, explore the royal Padam Palace in Rampur which is under the Bushahr princely state.
- Drive to Dhami near Shimla and enjoy a royal stay. Have lunch at Dhami house.
- Explore the hunting grounds of the viceroy of India and bird watching with Kunwar Dushyant Singh.
- Stay at Kuthar Palace fort.
- Relish local pahari cuisine.
- We are immense nature lovers and care for our environment. We shall take you for a small plantation drive in the area. This will be for a little contribution from your side in light of the declining forest cover in the hills.
- Our prices are all inclusive which literally means you do not spend a single penny other than any expense that is entirely personal in nature.
- Prices per person include all transfers, accommodation, all 3 meals of the day besides evening tea and snacks. This also includes all entry tickets, guided visits, mentioned adventure activities apart from a few surprises and incentives for our guests.
- We only deal in 3 stars and above rated properties, luxury villas and high end apartments & home stays. Other than that, only for a few destinations which do not have such availability. Although they are comfortable, hygienic and offer a good view.
- A detailed trip itinerary with regard to accommodation, transfers, day wise activities, inclusions and trip cost will be shared once you book the trip with us.
- Additions such as
-extending the days of stay
– adding a new destination
-clubbing another trip
-upgrading to an accommodation of choice( subject to availability)
– changes or additions in the food menu or activities can be made to the trip other than the mentioned itinerary. It may incur an additional expenditure.
We at The Hill Gypsy will be more than happy to serve you and will sure get you addicted to the mountains, if not already.
We look forward to a long lasting alliance with you!