What can probably stimulate you with the simplicity of existence when the cities become uninspiring? How about a village Detox?
Here’s your chance to release yourself from the clutches of the urban mess. Calm your distressed senses and refresh your souls. Take a dose of fresh oxygen, where else but in the quietude of a small, quaint village, nestled in harmony with nature. Come and soak your mind and body in the vicinity of a Himalayan village that lies in the lap of the snow clad Dhauladhar Mountains. Inhale the essence of pahari hospitality in the most authentic way. Here’s your chance to get addicted to the mountains and refresh your souls.
Let the Hill Gypsy take you on a rejuvenating holiday to the heritage village of Pragpur and Haripur Guler in Kangra Valley. Join us for a village Detox trip. Here, we endeavor to take you on a journey like no other does.
Know Your Destination
Pragpur is situated at a distance of about 44
kilometers from the city of Kangra. It boasts of being India’s first Heritage village in the scenic Kangra valley. This particular village will amaze you for its varied architectural mix of Kangra, British, Portuguese and even Italian. Come soak yourself in the rich and intriguing history of this village and surrounding areas. Join us for a holiday experience of a different level. And when we say different, we certainly mean it.
- The Village Detox trip is specially designed to give you the chance and pleasure to get one with the locals around. A dedicated Village tour includes a village walk besides a basic know how of village life in this region. In addition, there will be interactions with the locals to understand their cultural history and lifestyle in brief. Apart from that, involve yourself in activities that are centered around a short time stint with farming, beekeeping, watermills and likewise.
- Visit the Pong dam site build on the Beas River. Treat your eyes to the spectacular sight of the wetland. It holds the distinction of being the longest dam in India.
- Stroll in the Wildlife & Bird Sanctuary. This in particular is considered to be a haven for the migratory birds.
- Enjoy a scenic boat ride.
- Visit the breathtakingly beautiful piece of architecture- The Masroor rock cut Temples.
- We are immense nature lovers and care for our environment. We shall take you for a small plantation drive in the area together with the help of the locals it will be a little contribution from your side to the declining forest cover in the hills.
- Our prices are all inclusive hence you do not spend a single penny other than any expense that is entirely personal in nature.
- Prices per person include all transfers, accommodation, all 3 meals of the day besides evening tea and snacks. It also includes all entry tickets, guided visits, mentioned adventure activities and a few surprises and incentives for our guests.
- We only deal in 3 stars and above rated properties, luxury villas and high end apartments and home stays. Other than that only for a few destinations which do not have such availability, however, are comfortable, hygienic and offer a good view.
- A detailed trip itinerary with regard to accommodation, transfers, day wise activities, inclusions and trip cost will be shared once you book the trip with us.
- Additions such as
-extending the days of stay
-adding a new destination
-clubbing another trip
-upgrading to an accommodation of choice- subject to availability
-changes or additions in the food menu or activities can be made to the trip other than the mentioned itinerary. It may incur an additional expenditure.
We at The Hill Gypsy will be more than happy to serve you and will sure get you addicted to the mountains, if not already.
We look forward to a long lasting alliance with you!