What can probably stimulate you with the simplicity of existence when the cities become uninspiring? How about a holiday with the Hill Gypsy?
Here’s your chance to release yourself from the clutches of the urban mess. Calm your distressed senses and refresh your souls with a dose of fresh oxygen where else, but in the quietude of a the hills.Thus inhale the essence of Pahari and Punjabi hospitality in the most authentic way.
Let the Hill Gypsy take you on a rejuvenating holiday, where we endeavor to take you on a journey like no other does.
Know Your Destination
Pong dam is one of those few uncrowded places where nature’s beauty goes hand in hand with adventure opportunities.
Pong dam reservoir or Pong Dam Lake also known as Maharana Pratap dam, was created in 1975. At the present time, it is the highest earth fill dam in India on the Beas River. The dam is located in the wetland zone of the Shiwalik hills of the Kangra region of Himachal. Apart from being a source of irrigation for the surrounding areas, the dam boasts of stunning environs. It is therefore blessed with serenity with the Dhauladhar Mountains ensconcing the lake from all sides. Given these points, it holds the international recognition for a conservation of wetlands and a favorite of the migratory birds, besides some water sport activities.
- Stay at the Pong Dam Eco Village near the Pong dam Lake. It is by and large located on a cliff surrounded by water from three sides. The property derives its existence from how the houses were made with mud in earlier times. The structure of the Eco village reflects the age old construction ways on balance with modern amenities.
- The place is a paradise for solace seekers, trekkers, birdwatchers, nature lovers and of cpourse anglers.
- Take part in a wide array of fun activities while you stay at the Pong dam site.
- By and large, enjoy Bird watching. On the whole, the Pong Dam Lake is located in the trans-Himalayan fly path of various migratory birds. To begin with, bar-headed geese, Ansur Indicus, Northern Pintail, common teal and many more. Meanwhile, the tourists who come here witness vibrantly colored birds flocking in and around the lake, although specially in the winters..
- Try fishing at the lake site as you praise the Mountain beauty in the background.
- Take a guided tour of the surrounding forests or else hike on the green trails that cut through them.
- Take a dose of adventure. Likewise try water sports- speed boat ride to the Ransar Islands, sailing and kayaking.
- Opt for a cycling tour of the dam together with a morning jog.
- At the same time, visit the neighboring heritage village Paragpur. It is India’s first. Enjoy a guided village tour for its exquisite mix of Pahari, Victorian, Portuguese and Italian architecture.
- Visit the monolithic rock cut temples in Masroor. /li>
- Furthermore, visit the Kangra fort- the massive fort in the Himalayan foothills built during the ancient Trigarta kingdom.
- Relish local Kangra cuisine.
- Our prices are all inclusive which literally means you do not spend a single penny other than any expense that is entirely personal in nature.
- Prices per person include all transfers, accommodation, all 3 meals of the day besides evening tea and snacks. The price per person also includes all entry tickets, guided visits, mentioned adventure activities besides a few surprises and incentives for our guests.
- We only deal in 3 stars and above rated properties, luxury villas and high end apartments & home stays. Other than that only for a few destinations which do not have such availability but are comfortable, hygienic & come offer a good view.
- A detailed trip itinerary with regard to accommodation, transfers, day wise activities and inclusions will be shared once you book the trip with us.
- Additions such as
-extending the days of stay
– adding a new destination
-clubbing a trip
– upgrading to an accommodation of choice- subject to availability
-changes or additions in the food menu/ activities can be made to the trip other than the mentioned itinerary, may incur an extra expenditure.
We at The Hill Gypsy will be more than happy to serve you and will sure get you addicted to the mountains, if not already.
We look forward to a long lasting alliance with you!